- - Sound is very good for saving headphones
- - These headphones are made with pro grade materials
- - Bass is very impressive
- - Comfortable and light pair
- - They may feel a bit tight around the head
- - This does not come with a detachable cord
Audio-Technica ATH-M30X is the designer behind some of the best headphones under 100 and that’s why it’s not a surprise to see their ATH-M30X model receive such positive reviews. They are indeed a poor man’s version of the ATH-M50 model, but they offer a top quality sound and a good bass bang for the money you’ll invest. It is hard to imagine getting better headphones for the price that the Audio-Technica ATH-M30X offers. Here are some things that you need to keep an eye on before deciding to purchase this set.
- Top quality build and endurance : It is hard to believe that you will ever need to change the cord or the adapters.
- Lots of useful details : One of those details is a 1/4-inch adapter for plugging into a home receiver.
- Top quality bass : They can compete with some industry heavy hitters in this department.
- Extra long cord : Great for stationary listening.
- Lack of integrated microphone for phone calls : After all they have been initially designed for music studio usage.
- The cord isn’t detachable : It is all made up for in length.
- Don’t fold-up : Provide better comfort because of this.
What will the Audio-Technica ATH-M30X bring to you?
There are couple of reasons why the Audio-Technica ATH-M30X are regarded as one of the best over ear headphones under $100. One of them is their thick single cord that is equipped with a endurable plug.
It is interesting to state that the design team at Audio-Technica decided to use a single axis to connect the padded earcups mainly because of achieving better comfort. This is also one of the main difference makers between the M30 and M50 model when talking about design. Although they’re more comfortable because of this, the user is not able to fold them for storage.
At the end of the day it all comes to a simple choice. Comfort or functionality? Some users prefer to have a comfortable and light pair of headphones that don’t necessarily need to fold for storage. That’s why the ATH-M30X model is the perfect fit. In addition to the comfort they provide they’re also lighter than most of other similar headphones weighing in at only 7.8 ounces.
The Audio-Technica ATH-M30X is one of the best over ear headphones with a closed back design in this price range, but this also carries some minor issues. It is normal for all headphones of this type to make you feel discomfortable and make the back of your ears steamy on hot summer days.
The ATH-M30X model doesn’t have some fancy mode for canceling ambient noise, but it seems like they work pretty well at preventing environmental sound mixing with your music. We’re not saying they’re as good as Beats by Dre models, but the Audio-Technica ATH-M30X provides top quality in this section for sure.
Video Audio-Technica ATH-M30X Review
The Audio-Technica ATH-M30X is not as good as the ATH-M50 model from the same company, but when you compare the price with the quality they offer one can say that they provide great value for your money. The fact that the cord is not detachable shouldn’t worry you as the length compensates for it.